SnapWidget Instagram Photo


Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My skin journey with PicoSure Laser at Halley Medical Aesthetics

It has been a few months since I am still struggling with my skin problems. My pore seems to get bigger and as part of my work, I have to wear makeup frequently, sometimes in long hours. I feel annoyed as my face used to be smooth when applying makeup, but now I can see the pores and some spots on my face.

I understand that with time, my skin problem will get better, but this is taking a longer time than I hope. My skin is not perfect and not as smooth as baby skin. I do have scars on my face but I can't wait any more to get rid of all these problems.

I visited Halley Medical Aesthetics and consulted with Dr.Donna Chow.  She is a friendly and easy-going doctor where I really feel comfortable sharing with her about the skin problems that I am facing. One of the concerns that I didn't mention earlier is my dark circle. My dark circle is really very bad despite the number of dark circle products I have used.


After looking at my skin problems, she suggested doing the PicoSure. Dr. Donna Chow also mentioned that this PicoSure Laser is not just for pigmentation, pore-tightening, acne scars but this laser also can target my dark circles. It has to be done continuously for a few sessions for greater results. I was wondering if this laser is worth doing?



She also explained to me that what is so special about this PicoSure Laser is the special lens called the Focus Lens. It has a little bit of honeycomb when you look through it which was what I really did. So, what does it do? It concentrates the energy which goes through one end into a hundred small little dots to achieve rejuvenation and collagen stimulation.




What is PicoSure Laser?

Unlike traditional laser that uses photothermal action, the PicoSure laser delivers laser energy only to target particles without burning the surrounding tissues. With less production of heat, tissue damage and discomfort are greatly reduced.

Downtime for patients is also reduced, thanks to its PressureWave technology that uses a unique wavelength of light (755nm) and a specialized lens to convert laser energy into gentle pressure. This pressure squeezes cells, activating the natural cell signalling processes that create new collagen and elastin to improve the skin texture and tighten the enlarged pores.

In addition to treating pigmentation and enlarged pores, the PicoSure laser is recommended for removing tattoos, skin toning and rejuvenation, and removal of fine lines and wrinkles.



After all the explanation and understanding from Dr. Donna Chow, I decided to go for the PicoSure laser and prepared myself for this laser.

Treatment Steps :

1. Firstly, they have to numb your face for around 10-15 mins.


2. After applying a cream, they will put a wrapper on your face to let the numbing cream absorb faster.


3. It's time for laser. These are the probes that the doctor uses for the Laser as a full PicoSure Laser treatment has three passes or rounds. Each probe serves a different purpose. The first pass eliminates my spots, then the second rejuvenates my skin, and finally, the last one is to reduce my enlarged pores and improves skin texture through collagen stimulation.





4. It is recommended to wear the eye cover to protect your eyes from the laser light as it is really quite contrasting and bright. A big thank you to the assistant who was beside the doctor for putting on the blower to keep my face cool from the heat. It really works!




5. The last part would be my eyes area hence they remove the eye cover. I really can feel the light is quite contrasting and it keeps shining in my eyes. I have prepared myself for it and no worries it's still manageable.


While doing the treatment, Dr. Donna Chow was constantly checking with me if I feel uncomfortable.


After the laser is completed, Dr. Donna Chow explained to me that the redness on my face will subside after a few hours, and I can return to my normal activities.

During the treatment, I felt a tingling sensation but it was just for a few seconds. You definitely will feel warm on your face but not to worry, they would put a cooling mask for you for around 20 mins to reduce the heat. My eye area was a bit swollen because Dr.Donna Chow increased the wavelength of the laser light to treat my bad dark circles, but the other parts of my face were really fine.


After a few hours, my redness and swollen eyes got better. I even attended a wedding dinner which initially I thought I wouldn't be able to do after the laser session. But, the downtime is really not as bad as I expected. Well, I didn't wear make-up that night as it is not advisable after the laser treatment. I covered my face with tinted sunscreen so at least it still can cover the redness and protect my face from the light.


After this treatment, I would recommend people to go for PicoSure Laser to achieve youthful and pigmentation-free skin with a reduced downtime compared to other lasers. I would also be sharing more about my post-treatment result. Do catch up on my next blog!.

Meanwhile, you can watch the video to see what I went through during the PicoSure treatment with Dr. Donna Chow at Halley Medical Aesthetics.






If you want to visit Halley Medical Aesthetics, you can find them here:
277 Orchard Road, #03-15 Orchard Gateway, Singapore 238858
6737 8233
info@halley.com.sg
www.halley.com.sg
FB/IG: @ halleymedicalaesthetics
www.youtube.com/HalleySGMedicalAesthetics

No comments:

Thank you for your feedback :D .. Have a nice day ☺☺