SnapWidget Instagram Photo


Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Hokkaido Marche | Food Review

My first time at Hokkaido Marche in Singapore
Last week, I was invited by J Passport to Hokkaido Marche located in the basement of Orchard Central for a food tasting treat. In partnership with Don Don Donki to bring Hokkaido Marche to Singapore, this establishment has a seating capacity of 80 seats and 8 different specialties from different parts of Hokkaido. We had a try on two of the well-known items they have, namely, DIY Kaisen Don from Kaisen Natsume and Hakodate Ramen from Ajisai Noodles.


DIY Kaisen Don from Kaisen Natsume
DIY Kaisen Don gives you the freedom of choices, with many kinds of seafood to choose from depending on the size you want. It goes by a number of 2, 4, and 5 or small, middle, and large if you are confused, which is the number of items you can choose to include in your don.


Apart from the standard choice, feel free to add on additional item to your desire. I would personally get an extra portion of salmon for my bowl!

What is nice about Kaisen Don is the sauces available to choose from. If you like spicy, I would highly recommend the spicy paste. It's really damn good!



Hakodate Ramen from Ajisai Noodles
If you were to ask me how to have a taste of Hokkaido in Singapore? This is Singapore and not Hokkaido! I would tell you please go and try the Ajisai noodles at Hokkaido March.

Ajisai is a common ramen chain found in Hakodate. The noodles have a lighter taste and there is some similarity to the Chinese noodle soup. When I was in Hokkaido during the winter season and having a hot bowl of Ajisai noodles, it gave me that kind of satisfying feeling. And when I was back in Singapore and had it during our cold rainy season. I felt the same satisfying feeling of this noodle that I had in Hokkaido.




Once again, thank you J Passport for giving us this opportunity to have the taste of Japan, right in Singapore. Here is the link you can find out more about Hokkaido Marche

No comments:

Thank you for your feedback :D .. Have a nice day ☺☺