SnapWidget Instagram Photo


Tuesday, June 23, 2020

8CRABS : Singapore Sri Lankan Crab and Zhi Char

Hello everyone!

We are at phase 2 of the circuit breaker now. Even though dining out is allowed now but it's only limited to a group of 5 and the safe distancing measure of 1m is still in place.  Some restaurants might be crowded and advanced reservation is needed as the seating capacity is limited due to safe distancing rules. Takeaway and delivery have become our norm during circuit breakers and even now is still a good strategy to implement.

While I thought of changing my dinner choice to seafood, 8Crabs offered a complimentary voucher to try their AAA premium Sri Lankan Crab. It sounds like a good deal, so why not just take the offer right? Of course, I paid for the remaining excess order which I don't mind and before that, I already did my own research about their food.

Apparently, I learn something from the person I liaise with, as mentioned their crabs are sourced wild and farmed. Crabs naturally travel about 500m every night and prefer to live alone. Farmers breed many crabs in a confined space to be profitable. This causes the crabs to get stressed very easily in captivity, and produce ammonia, which is a sign of decomposition of seafood.

Most restaurants purchase farmed crabs because they are cheaper. As a result, they use highly fragrant gravies to cover up the ammonia smell.


About 8 CRABS

8 Crabs is the only company in Singapore using grade AAA premium Sri Lankan-sourced wild crabs. This is graded by the most experienced crab graders in the trade. This means that our crabs are meatier, tastier, bigger, and less watery. To ensure freshness, these crabs are caught, flown, prepared, and delivered the crabs to you within 12 hours.

There are 3 different kinds of flavour available:
- Chili crab
- Salted Egg crab
- Black Pepper crab.
Other than that, they also offer a wide variety of Zhi chars for you to choose from.



Chili Crab ($68.00)


Salted Egg Crab ($68.00)


It was still hot when delivered to my place and the large size at the price of $68.00 is big enough to meet my expectation. The crab's shell was really hard and harder to crack compared to other types of crabs but it's worth putting in some effort because the best part that we were waiting for was the fresh and delightful meat.

Honestly, I never had a salted egg crab before so I was curious to try on their salted egg crab and I was glad that it wasn't disappointed me. The gravy was creamy enough with a salted egg taste and not overwhelming. It satisfied my curiosity and my salted egg craving.

The chilli crab gravy wasn't watery and well cooked. I like their typical chili crab and it wasn't too spicy. I even scooped the gravy to eat and mixed it with rice!

Fried Mantou ($6)

I always feel something missing while eating chilli crab without mantou so this fried mantou can't be missed out in your order. The mantou was deep-fried to a golden brown and still crispy when it was left on my dining table for more than 1 hour.



Sweet and Sour Pork ($17.00)

I ordered the medium size with a serving for 3-5 pax and was wondering if it's too small for 6 people but when I opened it to see actually the portion was quite a lot. The meat was soft and juicy with a richer taste of sweet and sour.


Thank you 8crabs for the wonderful dinner and we enjoyed it. I don't mind ordering their food again next time. They provide lunch and dinner free delivery service above $120. What I did was I made the order on the same day for my dinner and it was delivered on time, in fact, it came slightly earlier.

I was impressed by the online chat that they provide to serve customer queries. I didn't receive the confirmation order email after I done the payment, then I use their online chat platform to get some help. The reply was immediate and the person who attended to me was helping to confirm my order promptly.




Website: https://8crabs.com/
Whatsapp: (65) 8725 0725

No comments:

Thank you for your feedback :D .. Have a nice day ☺☺